Born in Barcelona, Lidia Vinyes-Curtis completed her violin studies with the highest grades in Barcelona Conservatory and baroque violin in Toulouse Conservatory and played professionally in baroque orchestras. She began her vocal training in Barcelona with Maestro Jorge Sirena and took master classes with Richard Levitt, David Mason and Rosa Domínguez.
A successful Bachwoche Stuttgart in 2013 made her one of the current Alto soloists with Helmuth Rilling, singing the Passions, Cantatas and b-minor Mass in concert halls like: Moscow Tchaikovsky’s, Hong Kong City Hall, Weimar Stadtkirche and Leipzig Thomaskirche among others. Conductor Sigiswald Kuijken also invited her to perform J.S.Bach repertoir on tour in Concertgebouw Amsterdam and Japan. She is one of the principal soloists in Kay Johannsen‘s Ensemble BachVokal Stuttgart and has been invited by conductors like Martin Gester, Ph.Pierlot and Jordi Savall. Her debut with the Spanish National Orchestra to sing l’Atlantida by Manuel de Falla was the beginning of her operatic career. In that occasion she was invited by one of her mentors, conductor Josep Pons.
AMONG HER RECENT AND FUTURE PLANS: Kazushi Ono invites her with Barcelona Symphony Orchestra for Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, she makes her debut at LICEU as Ascanio in the great Terry Gilliam’s Benvenuto Cellini production, she sings Siebel in Gounod’s Faust in Oviedo, Ifigenia en Tracia by José de Nebra at Teatro de la Zarzuela in Madrid, she sings her debut at Teatro Real in Handel’s Rodelinda under Ivor Bolton ‘s conducting, she also has debut at the Savonlinna festival as Enrichetta de Francia, she sings in Elektra together with Spanish National Orch. under David Afkham and with Jean-Claude Malgoire at the Paris Théâtre des Champs Elysées, G.Rossini’s L’Italiana in Algeri. She’s been recently invited to sing Beethoven’s 9th symphony, conducted by Gustavo Dudamel.
For the next season forthcoming performances include appearances at the Teatro Real next to Placido Domingo in Thays by J.Massenet. At the LICEU Opera House she will perform in I Puritani and in l’Italiana in Algeri.
She recently recorded with the BBC Symphony Orchestra the role of Pepa in Goyescas by Enrique Granados, for the record label Harmonia Mundi.
” War and Peace” with Jordi Savall . AliaVox.
” Tonos Humanos ” Volume VI with harp player Manuel Vilas. NAXOS.
” Serenata l’Angelica ” by Sousa Carvalho with Pedro Castro. NAXOS.
- C. Monteverdi (Ottavia, Messaggiera, Nerone).
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier ( Médée ).
- H.Purcell (Dido, Sorceress)
- G.F.Haendel (Rinaldo, Goffredo, Sesto, Ruggiero, Ariodante, Eduige).
- Sebastián Durón ( La Fama, Dánae )
- Anonio de Literes ( La Tierra )
- Sousa Carvalho ( Medoro )
- Ch.W.Glück (Orfeo)
- W.A.Mozart (Cherubino, dritte Knabe, zweite Dame, Sesto)
- G. Rossini (Cenerentola, Rosina, Emilia )
- H.Berlioz ( Ascanio )
- C.Monteverdi ( Vespro della beata Vergine )
- A.Scarlatti ( Stabat Mater )
- G.B.Pergolesi (Stabat Mater)
- A.Vivaldi (Gloria)
- Nicola Porpora ( Salve Regina, Nisi Dominus, Lauda Jerusalem ).
- G.F.Händel ( Theodora, Messiah )
- J.S.Bach ( St.Matthew Passion, St.John Passion, Christmas Oratorio, Cantata BWV54, 156, 81, 14, 144, 92, 62, 36, 132, 243, 108,42, 188 and Magnificat in Es-Dur, Christmas Oratorio and Mass in b-minor).
- W.A.Mozart ( Requiem, Great Mass in c-minor ).
- J.Haydn ( Nelson Messe, Harmonie Messe).