Winner of the Bachwoche 2013 at the Bachakademie Stuttgart.
Born in Barcelona, Lidia Vinyes-Curtis experienced a broad musical education with a complete study of the violin at the two Barcelona Conservatoires of music, followed by a degree in Ancient Music and Baroque Violin at the Conservatoire Nationale de Région de Toulouse (France). She completed these studies with the highest grades. She began her vocal training in Barcelona with her principal teacher Maestro Jorge Sirena, continued at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis (Switzerland) and took master classes with Richard Levitt, David Mason and Rosa Domínguez.
Her professional singing career starts at the Festival d’Ambronay conducted by Gabriel Garrido. Since then her solo singing has continued with other renowned conductors such as Martin Gester, Kay Johannsen, Philippe Pierlot and Jordi Savall at a number of European Baroque Music Festivals.
In 2013, Lidia won the Bachakademie Stuttgart 2013 and immediately shewas invited by Helmuth Rilling to sing the St. Matthew Passion on tour in Germany and South America, receiving very favourable reviews for her singing.
In 2014, she made her debut with the Spanish National Orchestra (ONE) invited by conductor Josep Pons to sing l’Atlantida by Manuel de Falla. The ONE demanded her again in 2015 to sing Mozart’s Requiem, conducted by Giovanni Antonini.
Among her recent performances, Lidia was in Moscow at the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall, in Germany at the Thomaskirche Leipzig and at the City Hall in Hong Kong singing J.S.Bach’s St. Matthew Passion, the Christmas Oratorio and the Mass in b-minor conducted by Helmuth Rilling. At the Philharmonie in Munich she sang Mozart’s Requiem conducted by K.F. Beringer. At the Festival Via Stellae she performed Goffredo in G.F. Händel’s “Rinaldo” conducted by the harp player Manuel Vilas.
Forthcoming performances include appearances in Barcelona at the Liceu Opera House singing the role of Ascanio in “Benvenuto Cellini” by H. Berlioz, with Jean-Claude Malgoire at the Paris Théâtre des Champs Elysées as Zulma in G.Rossini’s “L’Italiana in Algeri”, with Helmuth Rilling singing J.S.Bach Cantatas in Germany, and with Sigiswald Kuijken singing J.S.Bach’s St. Matthew Passion on tour in Tokio, Singapur and at the Concertgebouw Amsterdam.
” War and Peace” with Jordi Savall . AliaVox.
” Tonos Humanos ” Volume VI with harp player Manuel Vilas. NAXOS.
” Serenata l’Angelica ” by Sousa Carvalho with Pedro Castro.
- C. Monteverdi (Ottavia, Messaggiera, Nerone).
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier ( Médée ).
- H.Purcell (Dido, Sorceress)
- G.F.Haendel (Rinaldo, Goffredo, Sesto, Ruggiero, Ariodante).
- Sebastián Durón ( La Fama, Dánae )
- Anonio de Literes ( La Tierra )
- Sousa Carvalho ( Medoro )
- Ch.W.Glück (Orfeo)
- W.A.Mozart (Cherubino, dritte Knabe, zweite Dame, Sesto)
- G. Rossini (Cenerentola, Rosina )
- C.Monteverdi ( Vespro della beata Vergine )
- A.Scarlatti ( Stabat Mater )
- G.B.Pergolesi (Stabat Mater)
- A.Vivaldi (Gloria)
- Nicola Porpora ( Salve Regina, Nisi Dominus, Lauda Jerusalem ).
- G.F.Händel ( Theodora, Messiah )
- J.S.Bach ( St.Matthew Passion, St.John Passion, Christmas Oratorio, Cantata BWV54, 156, 81, 14, 144, 92, 62, 36, 132, 243, 108,42, 188 and Magnificat in Es-Dur, Christmas Oratorio and Mass in b-minor).
- W.A.Mozart ( Requiem, Great Mass in c-minor ).
- J.Haydn ( Nelson Messe, Harmonie Messe).