Born in Barcelona, Lidia Vinyes-Curtis experienced a broad musical education with a complete study of the violin at the two Barcelona Conservatories of music, followed by a degree in Ancient Music and Baroque Violin at the Conservatoire Nationale de Région de Toulouse (France). She completed these studies with the highest grades and played professionally in baroque orchestras. She began her vocal training in Barcelona with her principal teacher Maestro Jorge Sirena, continued at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis (Switzerland) and took master classes with Richard Levitt, David Mason and Rosa Domínguez.
Her professional singing career started at the Festival d’Ambronay conducted by Gabriel Garrido. Since then her solo singing has continued with other renowned conductors such as Martin Gester, Kay Johannsen, Philippe Pierlot and Jordi Savall at a number of European Baroque Music Festivals.
A successful Bachwoche Stuttgart in 2013 made her one of the current Alto soloists Helmuth Rilling, singing the Passions, Cantatas and b-minor Mass in concert halls like: Moscow Tchaikovsky’s, Hong Kong City Hall, Weimar Stadtkirche and Leipzig Thomaskirche among others. Conductor Sigiswald Kuijken has also invited her to perform J.S.Bach repertoir on tour in Concertgebouw Amsterdam and Japan.
Her debut with the Spanish National Orchestra invited by conductor Josep Pons to sing “l’Atlantida” by Manuel de Falla was the beginning of her operatic career. She performed at Madrid’s Teatro Real “Rodelinda” of G.F.Händel conducted by Ivor Bolton, with Jean-Claude Malgoire at the Paris Théâtre des Champs Elysées G.Rossini’s “L’Italiana in Algeri”, at Barcelona’s Liceu Opera House she performed “Otello” by G.Rossini next to Gregory Kunde and Jessica Pratt and in the great Terry Gilliam’s production she sung “Benvenuto Cellini” by H.Berlioz.
Forthcoming performances include appearances at the Teatro Real in “Carmen” by G.Bizet and next to Placido Domingo in “Thays” by J.Massenet. At the Liceu Opera House she will perform in “I Puritani” and in “l’Italiana in Algeri”. She will also sing with the BBC Orchestra the role of Pepa in “Goyescas” by Enrique Granados, being recorded by Harmonia Mundi.
” War and Peace” with Jordi Savall . AliaVox.
” Tonos Humanos ” Volume VI with harp player Manuel Vilas. NAXOS.
” Serenata l’Angelica ” by Sousa Carvalho with Pedro Castro.
- C. Monteverdi (Ottavia, Messaggiera, Nerone).
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier ( Médée ).
- H.Purcell (Dido, Sorceress)
- G.F.Haendel (Rinaldo, Goffredo, Sesto, Ruggiero, Ariodante).
- Sebastián Durón ( La Fama, Dánae )
- Anonio de Literes ( La Tierra )
- Sousa Carvalho ( Medoro )
- Ch.W.Glück (Orfeo)
- W.A.Mozart (Cherubino, dritte Knabe, zweite Dame, Sesto)
- G. Rossini (Cenerentola, Rosina, Emilia, Zulma)
- H.Berlioz (Ascanio)
- C.Monteverdi ( Vespro della beata Vergine )
- A.Scarlatti ( Stabat Mater )
- G.B.Pergolesi (Stabat Mater)
- A.Vivaldi (Gloria)
- Nicola Porpora ( Salve Regina, Nisi Dominus, Lauda Jerusalem ).
- G.F.Händel ( Theodora, Messiah )
- J.S.Bach ( St.Matthew Passion, St.John Passion, Christmas Oratorio, Cantata BWV54, 156, 81, 14, 144, 92, 62, 36, 132, 243, 108,42, 188 and Magnificat in Es-Dur, Christmas Oratorio and Mass in b-minor).
- W.A.Mozart ( Requiem, Great Mass in c-minor ).
- J.Haydn ( Nelson Messe, Harmonie Messe).